NovoLog® FlexPen®: A dial-a-dose insulin pen that is easy to put in the hands of patients
NovoLog® FlexPen® is the #1-selling pre-filled insulin pen in the world1
aNeedles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states.
FlexPen® offers many benefits
- Teachable, learnable, usable
- Proven accuracy2
- Discreet—fits neatly in your patient’s purse or pocket
- Covered for more than 95% of managed careb patients nationwide3
- Patients who use FlexPen® may get 50% more insulin with each prescription (1,500 units in a box of 5 pens, compared to 1,000 units in a vial)
bManaged care plans only. Does not include Medicaid and Medicaid Part D. Intended as a guide. Lower acquisition costs alone do not necessarily reflect a cost advantage in the outcome of the condition treated because there are other variables that affect relative cost. Formulary status is subject to change.
Can be used with NovoTwist® or NovoFine® Needles
NovoTwist®– introducing the first single-twist needle
- “Just Twist” injection needle with a bayonet fitting
- Less time-consuming for patients to attach
- Audible and tactile confirmatory click for correct attachment
- Available for 30G (8 mm) and 32G Tip (5 mm) needles
- NovoFine® needles fit all major insulin devices
- NovoFine® 32G Tip with SuperFlow™ Technology designed to enhance flow rate and reduce dosing force when injecting
- Little or no painc - A majority of patients using the NovoFine® 32G Tip needle experienced almost no painc
- NovoLog® FlexPen® uses NovoFine® disposable needles, designed to help improve injection comfort
Needles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states. Never share a NovoLog® FlexPen, NovoLog® FlexTouch®, PenFill® cartridge, or PenFill® cartridge device between patients, even if the needle is changed. Sharing poses a risk for transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
cMulticenter, randomized, open-label, 2-period, crossover trial in insulin-treated patients with diabetes (type 1 or type 2). Patients were randomized to self administer insulin injections with one needle type followed by the alternative, each for 7 to 14 days. The 2 needle types used were NovoFine® 32-gauge tip x 6 mm and NovoFine® 30-gauge tip x 8 mm.4
NovoLog® FlexPen®: stable in storage
dPenFill® cartridges in use (opened) must NOT be stored in the refrigerator.
eVials in use (opened) may be stored in the refrigerator until the label expiration date.
Broad Formulary Access
Learn about NovoLog® FlexPen® coverage in your area.