If you have pediatric patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, consider prescribing NovoLog® as part of their care plan.
Effective for insulin use in pediatric patients
NovoLog® is effective and well tolerated in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes reach age-specific A1C goals1
Studied in children aged 4 to 18 years. Age-specific A1C goals were defined as <8.5% for patients aged <6 years and <8% for patients aged 6 to 18 years, in alignment with the 2006 American Diabetes Association guidelines.
Percentage of patients who achieved their A1C goal1
Significantly lower daily dosing with NovoLog® at the end of the study1
Text: double click to edit.
daily dose at Week 161
- Rates of minor, major, and nocturnal hypoglycemic events were similar with NovoLog® and insulin lispro
- The number of infusion site reactions also was similar, with 17% of NovoLog® patients and 21% of lispro patients reporting an infusion site reaction as an adverse event (P=0.43)
- Injection site reactions were defined to include catheter-site—related reaction, infusion site erythema, induration, irritation, pruritus, rash, reaction, swelling, and vesicles
A 16-week, open-label, multicenter, parallel-group study enrolling 298 patients with type 1 diabetes, aged 3 to 18 years. The efficacy and safety of NovoLog® continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) therapy were compared with those of insulin lispro. Although patients as young as 3 years were eligible for inclusion, the youngest child included in the study was aged 4 years. The primary endpoint was change in A1C from baseline to the end of the study.1
Consider NovoPen Echo® for your pediatric patients
Insulin Diluting Medium for NovoLog®
- NovoLog® may be diluted with Insulin Diluting Medium for NovoLog® to a concentration equivalent to U-10 or U-50.
- Insulin Diluting Medium for NovoLog® is designed for use by healthcare professionals for the dilution of NovoLog® for subcutaneous injection only.
- Prior to use, Insulin Diluting Medium for NovoLog® should be stored at 2ºC–8ºC (36º–46ºF) and protected from light and heat until the expiration date; do not freeze. Once mixed with NovoLog® the sterile vial containing the mixture may be stored at temperatures below 30°C (86°F) for 28 days.2
- When diluting NovoLog® with Insulin Diluting Medium, the products should be combined in a sterile vial and the dilution should be performed under aseptic conditions.
How to Order Insulin Diluting Medium for NovoLog®
- Please complete the form and email it to NNIdiluent@novonordisk.com.
- Please note: diluent can only be shipped to healthcare providers licensed to prescribe or dispense medications (ie MD, RPH, PharmD, NP, PA)
- All fields on the form are required